- 24 Oct 201925 Oct 201908:15am to 08:00pm
CLAV 2019 |12º Congress Latin American Retail and Consumption Congress (CLAV)
Throughout its editions, the Latin American Retail and Consumption Congress (CLAV) has provided interactions between retail and academic professionals, as well as contributed to the regional development of research in retail.
In 2019, the 12th CLAV discusses the new opportunities and business models that emerges with digital transformations in retail, as well as the role of retailers in managing such changes.
The technological evolution of recent years has enabled a number of retail business opportunities to emerge that go beyond focusing on a single technology or strategy. Digital transformation in the retail sector relates to the trend toward creating innovative business models that redefine traditional retail boundaries and remove barriers between the physical and virtual worlds.
Changes in the consumer journey and the omnichannel approach shows the need for a closer look at these transformations. Today, consumers can browse, search, and shop anytime, anywhere. They can share opinions and experiences about services and products on social networks, shaping other consumers' perceptions of brands. These new behaviors demand a radical change in the way retailers use digital technology to innovate and deliver value. This transformation, which includes Artificial Intelligence, mobile, virtual reality, etc., has the challenge of integrating systems that include suppliers, channels, customers, employees and other retailers. All of this must be analyzed broadly inside the business of retail, with a critical view of what customers and society really expect and want.
The 12th CLAV promotes interactions between retail and academic professionals on two consecutive days of lectures, including the presentation of scientific articles, panel with leading retail professionals, workshop on digital transformation and more. The activities aim to discuss business models and opportunities in retail in the face of digital transformations, which have revolutionized the means of buying and selling products and services around the world, such as the supply and acquisition of goods via mobile and the use of QRcode in stores so that consumers may make payments, plus other promising technologies.
The congress will take place on October 24th and 25th at the FGV EAESP auditorium in São Paulo, with the international participation of David Bell, professor at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and co-founder of Idea Farm Ventures, a company that calls itself an incubation of consumer lifestyle fund. Professionals from the Brazilian market include Caito Maia, founder of Chilli Beans and investor in Shark Tank Brasil; Renato Mendes, co-founder of the Aceleradora Orgânica and the Orgânica Ventures Investment Fund; Simon Olson, New Businesses Director and Investor at Magazine Luiza; Regiane Relva Romano, from Vip-Systems Tecnologia & Inovação; among other names in the market.
FGV EAESP Coordination:
- Leandro Guissoni
- Delane Botelho
- 08:15AccreditationLocal: ground floor - Auditorium FGV
- 08:45Opening SessionMaurício Morgado - FGVcev Coordinator Leandro Guissoni - CLAV Coordinator Local: Auditorium FGV
- 09:15Presentation of Acceptance of New Technologies in Retail Survey ResultsMaurício Morgado FGVcev Coordinator (FGV EAESP)
- 09:45Opening LectureInternational guest speaker: David Bell Professor at Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (1998 - 2018) and co-founder of Idea Farm Ventures Local: Auditorium FGV
- 10:45Coffee breakLocal: ground floor - Auditorium FGV
- 11:15Presentation of articlesAcademic Articles Sessions
- 12:45Lunch and NetworkingLocal: Restaurante Tulipa (Hotel Paulista Wall Street)
- 14:15Academic Articles SessionsApplies Sessions (MPGC)
- 16:15Coffee breakLocal: ground floor - Auditorium FGV
- 16:45Executive PanelCaito Maia - CEO, Chilli Beans founder and investor at Shark Tank Brazil Renato Mendes - co-founder of Aceleradora Orgânica and Orgânica Ventures Investment Fund Andres Mutschler - Founder and CEO at Westwing Moderation: Leandro Guissoni - FGV EAESP and University of Virginia Local: Auditorium FGV
- 18:45Coquetel & working papersLocal: 7º andar - Quadra FGV
- 08:30AccreditationLocal: ground floor - Auditorium FGV
- 09:00Doctoral ConsortiumHeitor Takashi Kato, PUC-PR Lélis Balestrin Espartel, PUC-RS
- 09:00Scientific Initiation MeetingValter Afonso Vieira, UEM Evandro Luiz Lopes, UNINOVE and UNIFESP
- 09:00Presentation of articlesAcademic Articles Sessions
- 11:00Coffee breakLocal: ground floor - Auditorium FGV
- 11:30LectureGuest speaker: Simon Olson (Director of New Businesses and Investor at Magazine Luiza) Harvard Digital Transformation at Magazine Luiza Case Discussion Local: ground floor - Auditorium FGV
- 13:00Lunch & NetworkingLocal: Restaurante "Tulipa" (Hotel Paulista Wall Street)
- 14:30Workshop: Digital Transformation in RetailCoordinator: Regiane Relva Romano (Vip-Systems Tecnologia & Inovação) Local: Auditorium FGV
- 16:30Closing Ceremony and AwardsLocal: Auditorium FGV FGV EAESP (Rua Itapeva, 432 - São Paulo)