- 03 Nov 202006:00pm to 08:00pmEventGratuito
Basic Income and Community Currencies
Data do evento
Address different perspectives on Basic Income and Community Currencies.
Basic income programs have been used worldwide as a tool to mitigate the adverse effects of the COVID-19 crisis. In Brazil, the implementation of federal emergency basic income (RBE) adds to local initiatives, promoted by municipal governments who, because they operate at the level closest to the residents, have more in-depth knowledge about their needs. Some of these initiatives take place through partnerships between city halls and community banks and the benefits of basic income are delivered in community currencies, with restricted circulation and the possibility of strengthening local trade.
While we discussed the resumption of growth in the post-pandemic world, this possibility of linking basic income with local community currencies has attracted the interest of public managers, civil society and the private sector itself, particularly due to the concern to reinforce small enterprises that are, together, the largest employers in the country.
The advanced digitization process of these initiatives is also the focus of attention at a time when the use of physical money and even plastic cards must be avoided to control contaminants.
Thinking about all these issues, FGV EAESP will hold a webinar on Tuesday, November 3rd, at 6 pm, to talk about Basic Income and Community Currencies.
The subject will be debated by the guests: the former senator and councilor of São Paulo, Eduardo Suplicy, and the coordinator of the Brazilian Network of Community Banks, Joaquim Melo.
The event is open to the public and takes place on the Zoom video conference platform, where participants will be able to attend the lectures and also send questions to be answered in real time by the speakers.
- Eduardo Henrique Diniz - Head of Technology and Data Science (TDS)
FGV EAESP e FGVcemif
- Eduardo Suplicy- ex-senator and councilor of São Paulo
- Joaquim Melo - coordinator of the Brazilian Network of Community Banks
- Location: Salão Nobre da FGV EAESPAddress: Rua Itapeva, 432 - 4º andarDate of the event: November 16, 2020 - 09:00 to November 17, 2020 - 16:30Time: 09:00 to 16:3016Nov2020
- Information TechnologyLocation: FGV EAESPAddress: Evento OnlineDate of the event: November 23, 2020 - 08:00 to November 24, 2020 - 18:00Time: 08:00 to 18:0023Nov2020
- InstitutionalLocation: OnlineAddress: ZoomDate of the event: November 3, 2020 - 18:00 to 20:00Time: 18:00 to 20:0003Nov2020