FGV EAESP postdoctoral scholarship open
Selection goes through January 31, 2020
The selection process for postdoctoral scholarships is open at Fundação Getúlio Vargas School of Business Administration in São Paulo (FGV EAESP).
The scholarship belongs to a research on Governance of the Nexus between Food, Water and Energy (FWEN) in Cities. The selected scholarship holder is responsible for developing this theme together with a researcher from FGV EAESP and other members of the study.
Scientific research is part of the project: Understanding Innovative Initiatives to Govern Food, Water and Energy in Cities. It is funded by the Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP) and two other institutions that also invest in the study, Belmont Forum and JPI Urban Europe.
The financial incentive has one more participant, the Understanding Innovative Initiative for Governing Nexus between Food, Water and Energy in Cities (IFWEN) consortium. The English name gives clues to a partnership that breaks borders. It encompasses six countries in an international cooperation called Sustainable Urbanisation Global Initiative.
The research has a duration of 12 months, with possibility of extension for another 16, totaling 28 months of funded scholarship, according to the FAPESP Scholarship Granting Norms.
Besides having resources to be able to be dedicated to the research during the mentioned period, the person selected to receive the scholarship has the opportunity to work with cutting-edge research.
The advantages don't stop there. The scholarship holder will work alongside leading researchers in their fields of study. This is a unique chance to develop an innovative project. In the future, it may open job opportunities in organizations in São Paulo and around the world.
Find out who can apply for the scholarship
Participants in the selection process are those with a doctorate in business administration or in other social or environmental sciences. The candidate must have completed the doctorate in less than seven years and preference will be given to those who have completed urban studies during the doctorate. Another prerequisite is to be fluent in English.
Those interested in the vacancy must also be able to:
- apply basic methods of qualitative and/or quantitative research in Social Sciences;
- use basic Microsoft Office software;
- work with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Webpage softwares (eg WordPress);
- develop international research;
- and publish in high quality national and international journals.
The selection process has two stages: application via document delivery by e-mail and call for interview.
Know which documents are required in the application
- Concise CV in English (maximum 4 pages) with link to CV Lattes in Portuguese and updated. Please note: It is necessary to include in the CV the names and contacts of three people who could send a letter of recommendation (we will contact them if necessary);
- English presentation letter or e-mail (1-2 pages);
- Sample of two publications, preferably in English and as sole author (may be thesis chapters).
Pay attention to deadlines
The applicant has until January 31, 2020 to apply for the position by sending the documents to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org in a message with the subject Posdoc SUGI.
The applicant who submits the documentation on time and is selected will be called for an interview.
Click here to see the announcement of the selection process.
Clima; Gestão Empresarial08.03.2020